On October 9 was held in Paris the 2nd information seminar dedicated to the “Partnering And Fundraising Opportunities For French Biotech / Medtech Companies In China”
The information seminar gathered 120 people in the audience, including representatives of 65 biotech / medtech companies, and was jointly organized by Business France and bpifrance with the strong support of the following stakeholders:
Dentons, Euris, Eurobiomed, France Biotech, the French Healthcare Alliance (which gathers +100 French players already active in China - www.french-healthcare-alliance.cn), Genopole, J-Medtec, LEEM, LLR, Lyonbiopole, Medicen, Medtech in France, Paris Healthcare Drinks, Sanofi and Snitem.
Its main objective was to provide insights to innovative French biotech / medtech companies on partnering with Chinese industrial players and investors. It focused on experience sharing with experts and French companies already active in China through thematic presentations, panel discussions and Q&A sessions.
- Benoit COLINOT, Senior Trade Advisor for Healthcare at Business France - based in the French Embassy in Beijing - introduced the main drivers behind the growth of the Chinese market.
- Dr. CHAO Xu, Co-Founder & VP of J-Medtec, spoke about regulatory hurdles and technological due diligence in China.
- Clémence VALLEE and CEN Qiang, Patent Attorney and IP Legal Counsel of LLR respectively, gave recommendations on intellectual property in China.
- Pedro LUCAS and Vincent LE MAGOARIEC, President and GM China of Euris respectively, introduced best practices regarding healthcare data hosting in China.
Furthermore, two panel discussions were organized:
- “Raising funds in China - financial engineering and due diligence” with Frédéric BERTAINA, CEO of Bioxis Pharmaceuticals, XIA Yanchun, Partner at Oriza Seed Fund, Marie MEYNADIER, CEO of Eos Imaging and moderated by Julien LE GUYADER, Partner at Dentons;
- “Learning curve, pragmatism and experience sharing - how to be relevant and successful in China” with Thibaut DU FAYET, VP Corporate Development at Transgene, Daphné RICHET-COOPER, International Affairs Lead in China at Sanofi, Eric BOUTEILLER, International Advisor & Honorary Chairman at RDPAC, and moderated by Céline RIOU, Business Manager HealthTech at Le Hub, BpiFrance.
Thanks to all speakers and participants for their kind support!